Deidre Rogers, RN, MS, CIE, founded Ergovera in 1996 to help companies protect their most valuable assets — their employees. She has more than 10 years' experience in innovative educational training and injury prevention. Ergovera has a growing network of consultants who have a wide variety of expertise.
Deidre has produced educational films and videos. She has a Master of Science degree in Ergonomics/Human Factors at San Jose State University.
Deidre has conducted over 1000 ergonomic evaluations, including in-depth analyses of libraries, water treatment plants, laboratories, factories and clean room environments.
Presentations and Training
- "Ergonomics and Injury Prevention"
- "Advanced Ergonomic Management"
- "Back Care and Ergonomics"
- "Ergonomics for Managers and Supervisors"
- "Ergonomics for Library Employees"
- "Ergonomics for Call Centers"
- "Staying Healthy at Work — Body Awareness, Posture, Work Style, Risk Factors and Stress Management Techniques"
- "Speech Recognition and Vocal Cord Strain"
- Injury prevention, wellness and ergonomics programs
- Ergonomic workstation design for new offices or remodeling projects
- Management of repetitive strain injury (RSI) and chronic pain
- Prevention of vocal cord strain for users of speech recognition software (D/Ced EMG)
- San Jose State University, Masters of Science in Ergonomics/Human Factors, San Jose, CA
- Oxford Research Institute, Certified Industrial Ergonomist (CIE)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Gainesville, FL
- California Public Health Nurse Certificate
- Professional Biofeedback Certificate Program, Stens Corporation, Greenbrae, CA
Highlights of Experience
- Author of "Vision Issues for CTD Users," published in CWE Magazine, December–January 2002 issue
- Author of "Health Matters," a health and human factors column for Silicon Valley Connection
- Organizer and jury chairwoman of safety educational videos for the National Education Media Network Conference of 1996
- Bay Area Ergonomics Roundtable (BAER) Steering Committee Member, 1999–2002
- Treasurer of the Bay Area Chapter of the Ergonomics Society (1996–1997)
- Produced films and educational videos on various health topics
- Studied and practiced alternative medicine, including Ayurvedic medicine and yoga (in India), nutrition, herbal medicine, therapeutic touch and Polarity
- Working knowledge of Dragon Dictate and Naturally Speaking, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with biofeedback training and techniques, with a special emphasis on workplace applications
- 15-year history of dance and movement training